Our Tour of Historic Places is planned for Sunday, September 25, 2022 (last Sunday in September). The theme this year is An Eclectic Collection, and the tour will include the new apartments at the old Horlicks Industrial Plant, and another apartment at the old Gold Medal Plant. Another previously industrial site is the former First Class Seats premises, which is now a beautiful bed and breakfast. Houses on the tour include two beauties on College Avenue and a third equally beautiful house on Wisconsin Avenue, and the public building this year will be St George Serbian Orthodox Church on State Street. In addition, Jim Mercier will be displaying part of his collection at the church. A wonderful mix with much to see and discover!
Tickets include entrance to three houses, three former industrial or commercial premises, and one church, and an exhibit at the church. Prices are $20.00 on the day of the tour, or $15 in advance.
Advance Ticket Outlets:
- Borzynski’s Farm and Floral Market, 11600 Washington Avenue, Sturtevant
- Milaeger’s, 4838 Douglas Avenue, Racine
and 8717 Highway 11, Sturtevant
- Miller’s Flowers, 219 Sixth Street, Racine
- O & H Bakeries, 4917 Douglas Avenue, Racine
and 4006 Durand Avenue, Racine
and 5910 Washington Avenue, Racine
- Personal Touch Flowers by Julie, 5445 Spring Street, Racine
- Racine Heritage Museum, 701 Main Street, Racine
- Uncorkt, 240 Main Street, Racine
- Wilson’s Coffee & Tea, 3306 Washington Avenue, Racine
Day of Tour Tickets
- Horlicks Industrial Plant, 2200 Northwestern Avenue