City of Racine Fire Station – 1936
The City of Racine Fire Department was established in 1843. This fire house, known today as Fire Station 4, was constructed by Works Project Administration [WPA] workers during the Great Depression to provide emergency response to the western boundaries of the city when it began expanding in the late 1920s. Its decorative brass doorknobs continue to be polished weekly.